Monday, August 12, 2013

Design Paper Available

(Posted on behalf of Ken Samuels)



Dear Colleagues:

Earlier this summer my “design” paper ("Developing a Design for Selecting Groups to Promote Participation and Performance") was finally published.  For those interested, I can make printed copies when classes resume soon.

Meanwhile, you can view an electronic abstract of the paper at the publisher’s “bookstore:”
http://ijgs.cgpublisher.com/product/pub.236/prod.22   (If you choose, you can also order electronic or print copies of the entire paper directly from this site.) 

For your information, although the paper was partly based on my articles in our ESL mentor newsletter, there were other considerations involved than just linguistic such as cultural, social, psychological, and design, so the paper was published in an interdisciplinary journal of design.  This “design community” is at:
Furthermore, like CATESOL or TESOL and their journals, there is a membership cost to belong, attend conferences, present papers, and get something published within this design community, so I have a long way to go yet to recover any expenses.

Regarding the printed copies, I can bring some to the Fallbrook office and send some to the San Marcos campus at the start of classes.

(Although the copyright is in my name, the publisher authorizes all copies.  Under my publisher contract, I can make some complimentary copies for circulation within the organization where I work, but to make any copies in any format on your own, you must obtain permission directly from the publisher.)

SIncerely,

Kenneth B. Samuels
ESL Instructor

No comments: